Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tips & Tricks

Here are some household tips that I received through an email that circulated years ago. I've tried the ones that are listed below. Perhaps you've read or heard of them already...but just in case, I thought I would share them with you:

REHEAT PIZZA
Heat up leftover pizza on a non-stick skillet (electric or on the stove), set heat to med-low and heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy. No soggy micro pizza. It's better than the first time around!

FOGGY WINDSHIELD
Hate foggy windshields? Buy a chalkboard (felt) eraser and keep it in the glove box of your car. When the windows fog, rub with the eraser. This takes that film off the inside of the windshield. Works better than cloth!

CONDITIONER
Use hair conditioner to shave your legs. It's a lot cheaper (depending on the brand you buy) than shaving cream and leaves your legs really smooth. It's also a great way to use up the conditioner you bought but didn't like when you tried it on your hair...

SINK DRAIN PLUG
This one was actually given to me by my Mother-in-Law. Leave your sink drain plug (is that what you call it?) in the dishwasher. When you go to use it, it will be clean. If you keep it there all the time it will get washed every time you run your dishwasher.

I love hearing about household tips or cool ideas. Do you have any that you'd like to share? If so, please leave a comment.

Happy day!
hi-d

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that idea about the foggy windshield. I have that problem, and I usually just wipe it down with the sleeve of my shirt. (In know... ewwww) I am going to try the eraser trick. I know you can get them at Target. Thanks for the tips.
(funny word verification: "ovexing" - very appropriate for today)

Mise said...

I think the main tip I've gleaned through the years is not to do any chore three days running or people will just leave it to you. Thanks for visiting!