Sunday, January 31, 2010

Veggie Bars

I got this recipe from a friend years ago and have made it many times since. If you like veggies and cream cheese, you are gonna like this tasty little snack!

VEGGIE BARS
Ingredients:


  • 2 Cans of Crescent Rolls







  • 2 - 8 oz packages of Cream Cheese







  • 1 package (3/4 oz) Uncle Dan’s Dressing







  • 1 Cup Sour Cream







  • Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cheddar Cheese





    Directions:


  • Smooth out Crescent Rolls onto Cookie Sheet & Bake. (Follow baking times on directions of can.) Allow to cool.







  • Mix (blend) Cream Cheese, Sour Cream & Uncle Dan’s Dressing in a bowl until smooth. Spread mixture over cooled rolls.







  • Chop vegetables in a blender/food processor & layer on top of cream cheese spread. Top with Cheddar Cheese.






  • Best when refrigerated all night.





  • Here's a step by step process with pictures:



    Roll out 2 cans of Crescent rolls onto a cookie sheet.

    Follow Baking instructions on Cresent Roll Package. When finished, remove from oven and allow to cool completely.

    In a bowl, mix together Cream Cheese, Sour Cream & Uncle Dan’s Dressing until smooth.

    Chop vegetables separately in a blender/food processor - Broccoli, Cauliflower & Carrots (about 1-2 cups each)

    Grate some Cheddar Cheese (about 1 - 2 cups)

    Once the rolls have been allowed to cool completely, spread the Cream Cheese, Sour Cream & Uncle Dan's Mixture over the top.

    Layer with Cauliflower, Carrots and Broccoli. I let these veggies stay in the food processor a little too long. Try doing more of a rough chop.

    Top with Cheddar Cheese
    Refrigerate
    Cut into little squares and serve as an appetizer

    I bet if your kids hate veggies, they will like this. Oh, I'm getting hungry as I type this...too bad I don't have all the ingredients to make some right now.

    Enjoy!
    hi-d

    8 comments:

    Moosic Mom said...

    Yum......we are going to go get something to eat. That looks great. We will be there in 20 minutes.....ha! You are awesome!

    Anonymous said...

    Where does one find: Uncle Dan's dressing?
    I remember you made that for LG last year, and it was so good! I think I ate like 4 pieces. I know, I know... I'm such a pig!
    Oink oink!

    LOL!

    Shirley said...

    YUM!! I love this, too! We call it Veggie Pizza (with the accent on the pizza part) and my kids love it :)

    Anonymous said...

    looks great yumm!
    This is great blog. If you enjoy sartorialist you will enjoy this blog too.

    http://internationalmode.blogspot.com

    Anonymous said...

    That's a great way to get veggies into the dude AND his mama! Ah ha ha

    Anonymous said...

    OOOOh... that sounds great! Can't wait to try it! Mmmm! Thanks for sharing!

    Shannon said...

    Oh, I don't really like veggies but this sounds yummy!! :)

    Design Apprentice said...

    I want to make this right now!! Thank you for sharing this recipe!