Sunday, March 14, 2010

Busy Bee

I know we all go through stages in life. Life can be stressful and busy, so it's easy to forget the important stuff. Distractions come along and can get us off our normal routine and in some cases, it changes our whole perspective on life.

Life is really so simple, isn't it? I think we tend to make it more difficult then it was ever intended...What are some things that get in my way? Lack of focus, procrastination, perfectionism,  thinking too much, wanting to make everyone happy (hello...that's impossible)...These things in themselves aren't necessarily bad, but if carried to the extreme are so self destructive. I have experienced this first hand. The last couple of years have been a time of struggle, growth and discovering who I am in the eyes of God. It's so easy for me to compare myself to other people, look at how I measure up according to the world's standards...(huge mistake, cuz I'll NEVER measure up)...

Right now I am enjoying life...not all the time, but I realize the gift that I have been given. I am so thankful for my health, for a home, financial freedom, a husband who loves me and takes care of me and encourages me to be who I want to be. The road has not always been easy, but I have learned so much. Like our Pastor has said, "Do you get your 'Who from your Do?' or your 'Do from your Who?'" I just love that. I'm not defined by a career, possessions, how much money is in the bank, how I look, or anything else. I am defined by "Who" I am.
**See verses at the end of this post.

Last week was a super busy week for me, as I mentioned in my last post. I substituted at our church's school as a Teacher's Aide. It was both fun and exhausting. Over the last year, I have been volunteering there and really enjoy working with children. So, I'm pondering and praying about what I should do next in life. Should I go back to school and get my Master's in Teaching or should I just continue volunteering and subbing? I'm not sure, but am doing some research.

Anyway...when we are trying to make decisions we tend to look at the practical side of things instead of where are passions lie. Of course we need to be reasonable, but don't you think people would be happier if they pursued things that they love vs. the pursuit of money or the so called American Dream?

I took this picture last week as I was going to get the class from their PE class. They were in the gym playing with the huge parachute. It reminded me of my younger years as a child and doing this in PE. It was one of my favorite things I ever did in school.

Let me tell you...I so wanted to ask the PE Teacher if I could get in that parachute and stand in the middle and take a picture...That would have been so cool!

Hope you have a wonderful week!
hi-d

**It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.
Ephesians 1:11-12 (The Message)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope this week will be a great one for ya (((hugs))) Susie

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful verse hi-d. I SO needed this post today. I've had a VERY busy weekend/week too and a lot of the stress I am feeling is due to some of those things you mention at the begining of this post. Uhggh. It seems as though I never learn.
Thank you for this gentle reminder girl!
I hope you have a wonderful week!
:0)

Run26.2Mom said...

Juat when I needed to be reminded to just enjoy the now!
Happy Monday!
Peace.

Shirley said...

Good stuff, girl! Love that verse in that version. Especially, "had designs on us for glorious living"!

Amy said...

Oh that parachute does look inviting. I think we had some thing like that in school only smaller. I know you will figure out what you want to do soon. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hope you have a great week!