Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Double Take


Several months back, my Mom was given an old photograph that someone had taken years ago of her. When she showed it to me, I was taken back at how much we look alike; although, she was much younger in this picture than I am today.

Has anyone ever said that you looked like somebody else? Perhaps, you resemble a family member, actress or maybe you just have a familiar face?

There's something about old, black & white photos...they speak so much...


My Mom

Me

Happy day!
hi-d

4 comments:

Design Apprentice said...

I see a resemblance! You're both so beautiful. Your Mom looks timeless. I look like my Dad so when ever I get the occasional "You look like your Mom" my Mom and I both look at each other dumbfounded in shock.

Shirley said...

Cool! You do look a lot like her! You both are beautiful inside and out :)
Love ya!

Run26.2Mom said...

I can see the resemblance, too. Do you also find you have mannerisms like your parents? That always stops me in my tracks.
I look like my dad with hair. I had a boy say that to me one time in high school. ha!
I love black and white photos.
Have a good day!
Susan

hi-d said...

Thank you, Ladies...you're sweet!

Katie - I remember seeing a picture of you on your blog with your parents and you DO look a LOT like your Dad.

Susan - Yes...I have many of the same mannerisms as my parents...the older I get, the more I catch myself doing and saying things like my Mom. That's funny about the comment that a boy said to you in HS. :)