Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Flowers

I am loving the flowers at my Mom & Dad's house...


Rhododendron

Azalea

Dianthus

Iris - Originally from my Grandmother's Yard

Peonies: Scarlet O'Hara

Coral Bells

Peonies: Scarlet O'Hara

Peonies: Scarlet O'Hara

Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don't be impressed with yourself. Don't compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.
Galatians 6:4-5 (The Message)


Happy Day!
hi-d

7 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, beautiful flowers and perfect verse for me to read today. ; )

Thanks, Hi-d!

Moosic Mom said...

I love your quote from the Message: "Don't be impressed with yourself. Don't compare yourself with others." There is a saying that I have taped inside my cupboard door: "Be who God called you to be. You don't have to copy others." That is so true. This makes one more content with themself, and helps wipe away envy and jealousy. What God has gifted one with is what is the best for them. Praise God!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Jealous! I would love to have flowers like that in my yard!

Anonymous said...

What is the name of all those flowers?

hi-d said...

Dawn, I asked my Mom about the names of the flowers, since there were a couple that I wasn't sure on. I posted them beneath each picture...good question, btw. :)

Laura Trevey said...

Peonies are my favorite!!
Have a BB&B week!

xoxo Laura

Run26.2Mom said...

Beautiful photos and a beautiful verse.
Hope you are having a great day!
Peace.
Susan