Thursday, May 20, 2010

For the Birds

Rob & I had some time to kill before we went to a meeting in Portland on Tuesday. So, we took a little walk around the Stenzel Healing Garden at the Hospital. What a beautiful stretch of trees & flowers. The therapeutic garden was created to offer some tranquility to patients, Doctors, families & visitors.

I especially enjoyed seeing some really unique birdhouses...

Sweet...

Mercedes emblem...even birds know style!

Eggbeaters

Garden faucet

Antique looking doorknob



Don't you just love those houses? Wouldn't this be a fun project to tackle? What was your favorite one?


Happy day!
hi-d

8 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

I love placing different bird houses in our backyard... they are so fun!

Thanks for your compliments on BB&B.
xoxo

Design Apprentice said...

How cute are those! I love the sweet first one and the egg beater one, ha! Great pictures like usual

Anonymous said...

Those birdhouses are so neat! I wish I was that talented to think of those ideas.

Run26.2Mom said...

My dad loves building birdhouses. I will have to share some of the ideas with him. He made me a Bed and Breakfast one years ago and I change the colors of it every year.
Peace.

hi-d said...

Susan,

I would love to see your birdhouse that your Dad made for you!

Blessings!
hi-d

Shirley said...

Oh - I have a hard time picking just one - I'm sure you're surprised at that :)

I will have to go with the first one - the yellow is so cheery and Savannah is always finding hearts everywhere.

How did your appt go?

Shannon said...

Those are so FUN!!! I am so drawn to bird houses and love seeing unique ones! :)

Amy said...

These are so fun. It's great to see all the creative ways to make a bird house. The idea of the garden sanctuary is wonderful too!