Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rainbow in the Sky

I saw this a couple weeks ago when opening up the curtains after Maximus awoke from an afternoon nap. It reminded me that God ALWAYS keeps His promises!

And God said, "This is the sign of the agreement between me and you and every living creature that is with you. I am putting my rainbow in the clouds as the sign of the agreement between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and a rainbow appears in them, I will remember my agreement between me and you and every living thing. Floods will never again destroy all life on the earth. When the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and I will remember the agreement that continues forever between me and every living thing on the earth."
Genesis 9:13-16 (New Century Version)

Happy day!
hi-d

10 comments:

Rae said...

This is very important to me. This is what that beautiful bow means.
Thank you for your post today.
You too have a happy day friend!

Sam W. said...

amazing words and a beautiful picture! such a great reminder.

Martina said...

So pretty! Love both - picture and this text i didn't know. Happy thursday Heidi!

moosic mom said...

God sure is good, to promise He would never flood the earth again, like He did in the day of Noah. We do not have to fear.

Vær våken said...

What a great view!!! And a beautiful rainbow. I often think about God also when I see the rainbow. Only he could make sth that lovely! Hope you have a great week and see you again after my little blog break :)

Kristin xx

Punctuation Mark said...

haven't seen one of those in the longest time... beautiful post!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH THANK GOD....All I know is that He promised to strengthen us for the journey of faith. He promised us never-ending love, and that is about all we can really depend on. The disappointments will come, but the support is always there...Hallelujah.

OH KOOKY IS A DOG TOY? teeeheeeee..........you should have seen ME when I found that pic on Pinterest...I was yelling out, "THERE'S KOOKY!"

Have a WONDERFUL EVENING MY DEAR! Anita

carissa said...

oh whoa! wow! what a gorgeous view you have. and such a lovely picture. God is ever so faithful... what a gift we have in His promises!

Diana Mieczan said...

So beautiful:) Have a great day, sweetie. xo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Precious Heidi and Maximus!!!!

WELCOME TO MY DINING ROOM DEAREST and thank YOU for visiting. I had parent conferences this Thursday EVENING and did they ever last TOO LONG! With having to teach the next day, I was wiped out. Monday is more of the same from 12:30PM to 8:00PM then Tuesday a meeting and then WED.-FRIDAY IS OFF!!!!!! Ahhhhh....I am tired just thinking about it! Are you cooking turkey? It looks like I am too, but it is always a blessing to do it for whoever needs a place to just sit and feel as they belong...

May you and your family enjoy a precious tradition and holiday!!! Anita