Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Swim Class

Today Maximus & I went swimming. I was so happy that Rob was able to take off from work to come see M's first class. We sure had FUN!

All SMILES...Almost as soon as he got into the water he started splashing his hands like crazy. The Teacher said that she loves it when kids do that.

For part of the class, we walked around in the pool, singing songs, and learning different ways to hold our child. You can almost see the wheels spinning in M's brain: "More action Mom! This is way too mellow!!!"

"That's more like it!" (splash, spash)

Watch out 2028 Olympics. Do we have a gold medal swimmer here?


Some of you were asking what color I chose for my pedicure. Well, I went with the "Papaya Punch," Orange color.

Happy day!
hi-d

10 comments:

Mary said...

So cute to have baby swim. M looks like he loves the WHOLE thing. Good mommy.

renae said...

Your baby boy is adorable !!!!! and your toes are pretty awesome, too. hahaha
I did that swim thing with my daughters in their respective early years and it really helped them love water and be fun at swimming parties. Me: - auto clench to my mom and hated / scared to bits for years. (didn't learn to swim til was 18!!!!!!!)

Moosic Mom said...

You look beautiful Heidi! Just like a model! Maximus loves the water, and that is most evident! You sure do a lot of different things with him. I like your pedicure. Lovely. Could you take me swimming? I wish I wasn't scared of water that is over my head. And I don't mean...in the shower! Ha! Love you and I am so proud of you! Nice that Rob could witness in person Maximus' first swim experience...other than the bathtub.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Oh dear, how lucky he is, truly...in so many ways.

HEIDI DEAR! Your toes are marvelous! teeheee..I have learned to LOVE orange as a color to wear. I had never thought of it until I saw a dear blogger pal wearing an orange scarf, orange shoes and matching orange bag. CHIC! ANd then your pedi, fantastic!!!

MAXIMUS is going to be one fab swimmer. ENJOY! Anita

Shirley said...

So cute! Looks like you both had a lot of fun :)

Martina said...

So fun Heidi! I can see how much Maximus loves the water. I do, too! Have a happy wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Too fun!!! I want to go to swim class too. ;) Brings back memories of my dad teaching me to swim like a fish. And it's a great plus for naps too. hee-hee
Love your toesies.
MUAH!

renae said...

Thank you for your comments on the IKEA DRAMA. and ... for the way I wrote it. That is so nice to hear. (big hug) You know, I was really calm during the whole ordeal, as if I knew she would get it back and no money stolen. ahhhhhh.

Mimi said...

HI!!!
So glad MAX is learning to swim...so important...even there --because of rivers...ocean etc...
I hope it was warm water!!!
hugs,
jamie

Run26.2Mom said...

Fun Fun! Our entire summer is spent in water, a great skill to have!
Peace.
Susan