Wednesday, June 20, 2012

These Chairs Should Come With Seat Belts


 Whenever M gets to sit in our glider by himself and rock, he doesn't want to get out. And since we said goodbye to the swing, we wanted to replace it with something that he could rock in by himself.

Him & this Fisher Price swing go waaaay back. When he was first born, he hated sleeping in his bassinet. We tried about everything we could think of to get him to sleep. He did okay if he could nap in his bouncer or car seat. When we got him this swing, it provided the PERFECT combination of the two. It gave him a cozy place to snuggle & be rocked to sleep. He slept in it for about the first 6 months of his life!!

Up until a couple of weeks ago, he would LOVE to sit and rock in the swing. He even took naps in it from time to time. I  video taped him falling asleep in it a few months back.

Since we're on the subject of how much he liked this swing, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank Fisher Price for making it! We burned through the motor on this one, but Fisher Price sent us a replacement motor. In the meantime we purchased a different model swing and this time we had an issue with one of the buttons breaking, on one of the legs. I called Fisher Price AGAIN and they cut us a check for the purchase price of the 2nd swing once we sent back the seat & broken part. Needless to say, we are HUGE FANS of FISHER PRICE! I LOVE companies that stand behind their products. Don't you?? 

We got more than our monies worth out of this. I would say, we probably spent more in batteries to keep this thing running than we did on the swing itself. haha...

So with that bit of history out of the way...Just yesterday, M got a little surprise delivered to him.

His very own rocker/recliner


Yep, Maximus. That's a tag on the side of your chair. Not much gets by you.


We hope you like and get many years of enjoyment out of it!


Last night Rob brought the chair upstairs for Maximus to try out. Of course, I HAD to document the occasion by taking photos and video taping it. I wanted to share one of the videos with you that I took. It's not the best quality video, but I have to say, I laugh every time I watch it.

NOTE TO SELF:
Your cell phone has a very sensitive voice recorder on it. Perhaps you should think about whispering next time, so you don't sound like you're speaking through a megaphone. (haha)



Happy day!
hi-d

12 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HEIDI DEAR!!!

First of all, did you get to clean your tub today? teeeeeheeee....and we did NOT have sunny skies but rather clouds all day and rain.

OK....Maximus is MOVING UP in the world! His own little rocker????? Who gifted him with this darling little piece? HE HAS GOT to keep it to see how little he once was...so darling my friend!

WAIT TIL HE STARTS TO TALK!!!!!!!!!! I am waiting for that one!!!

Have a blast my dear....you are wonderful. Anita

moosic mom said...

I think your friend Anita is priceless!!! Love her!

That little Maximus in his rocker, or should I say..out of his little rocker chair. He will be careful, I am sure. He sure is a doll. I loves it! Great blog on him, Heidi.

Martina said...

So amazing to see Maximus grow - out of his swing and into the rocker. I so love his hairstyle Heidi, you both rock! Have a lovely day!

Palomasea said...

Oh my goodness, Heidi...can he be any cuter??!!
Maximus is certainly not giving up on that chair, and look how much fun he's having! (I'm glad he's not too far from the floor, though...)
Those little rockers are so cute...my daughter still loves her toile one from grandma. (Even though she's 11 and does not fit anymore..hee.)
Enjoy this sweetness!
Hugs,
- Irina

Fete et Fleur said...

Ok, that is more adorable than I can stand. I'm with you though (not unsupervised). Thanks so much for your visit today. Yes, I am Anita"s SIL. And yes, I did trade something pretty cool, but not as cool as the new lamps.

Have a great weekend!
Nanc

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Heidi,

Oh what fun for Maximus rocking in the chair... he is such a little cutie.

thanks for visiting me and I hope you have a lovely weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Mary said...

Great chair, and it matches well with the big folk chairs. Cute video, too. Mary

Palomasea said...

Thank you for stopping by, Heidi!
A hug for your sweet cutie pie... :)
xoxo,
- Irina

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I love his little rocker/recliner, Heidi. Isn't Fisher Price the best? I used to buy all sorts of FP toys for the kids when they were little. I hope Maximus and his sweet chair have many special times together. It's a great idea to take videos of him now so he can look back and have fun watching them.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

renae said...

So funny Heidi, he is just a gem with a spunky yet interesting way about him. More about him, please! please! Oh, those baby pics are so adorable.

Mimi said...

HI HEIDI!!!!
All my kids loved the swing too...my oldest daughter lived in hers too, only 32 years ago,you had to WIND it up......the newer model(the 2nd one we bought) lasted 1 hour....prior to that it was 15 minutes...so her and I would fall sleep...you guessed it, she would wake up crying.....
I love that little Rocker....MY GRAND SON would Love that!!!HOw old is Maximus?????Liam is 17 months....so I think he would LOVE it!!!!
Enjoy that Pacific NW weather!!!!My sis and her hubby, her Son and His family live in that area...so I here about that Wet weather!!!
Hugs 2 U,
jamie--mimi

RobinfromCA said...

Oh my goodness! I was thinking this was the cutest chair ever and my grandson, Joe, needed to have one! I'm a little cautious after seeing Maximus tumbling from one side to the other. At 18 months Joe is a climber and daredevil too! Keep us posted!
Robin