Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Clock is Ticking

Maximus was grabbing pictures of himself today and was "kissing the baby." Then he'd grab a photo and take it over to his water bottle and proceed to give the baby "ah dink ah wah-wah" (drink of water). I don't think he's grasped the concept that these are photos of him. ha!
 
Silly boy...I know he's going to be such a helpful brother when Santino arrives. My only worry is that he might try to be "too helpful," so we'll just have to keep a close eye on him.
 
I'm now 28 weeks and 2 days. Santino will be here in less than 11 weeks since my Dr. wants to induce me by August 12th.
 
I made a rag quilt for Santino recently, like I did for Maximus. And this last weekend we started getting things organized and moved around. Rob's parent's bought us a bassinet, so Rob put that together, with Maximus right by his side assisting with the screw driver and running away with parts to Santino's bed.
 
Maximus likes discussing his "baby braw-da" (baby brother) and says "Hat-tat-toe" or "Tino" when we're talking about Santino. The last couple of days he's been saying, "Baby come out ah Mama."
 
I hope you're all having a good week. Thanks to all of you that stopped by recently to see Maximus as the painter and thanks to Anita for the fun link party she hosted. 
 
Happy day!


12 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THIS IS IT! And I am so happy that you get to share with us, your friends, Heidi. How are you feeling? I am so thrilled to know how Maximus will take on his role as big brotha...he will be wonderful.

OK, we're counting with ya my friend! Anita

Martina said...

I agree with Anita - and it will be FUN for him, to have a little brother, once he's able to walk ;) At least it was like this with my boys. Have a relaxed weekend Heidi, take your time!

Deborah said...

A N T I C I P A T I O N!!!!!!!
Even little Maximus is excited...that's so cute!
Oh this brings back memories!
August? Wow....won't be long now!
It's always so good to hear all your news...love that name! Very nice!
Hugs and love to you !!!

All my heart,
Deborah xoxoxo

Marianne said...

I'm still so flippin' excited for you! Can't wait!

renae said...

Heidi! This post slipped past me. dang. It is so cute to hear about M getting ready for S. I think your children will be so loving to each other because of your kindness to M already, I can tell.

Take care my sweet. I will keep my eyes pealed for more posts or I'll just keep commenting on this one, hahahaha.

Palomasea said...

Oh so cute!!! :)
Heidi, how excited you must be....just around the corner...I'm so excited for you! :)
Darling Maximus will be the best big brother!
A hug from me to you both...
Have a splendid week, sweet friend...
- Irina

renae said...

hi Sweetie, Just wanted to check on ya and make sure I hadn't missed a post. Hope everything is fine and that you are a busy little bee building your hive.

Have a great weekend. Check out my post. I have on purple/lavender lipstick. hahahahaha :D

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Heidi,

You all must be getting so excited and counting down the days. I know that Maximus will be a big help to you, with his new baby brother. Love the name you have chosen.

Happy weekend
hugs
Carolyn

Palomasea said...

Thank you, sweet Heidi, for stopping by!
Oh, there is always so much to do...I hope you take this time for YOU! Pamper yourself, yes? :))

A big hug for you and Mr. M,
- Irina

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My sweet HEIDI!

What a joy to see your comment this morning my friend! The question to ask now is HOW ARE YOU COMING ALONG?

WE are very much waiting for this baby to come, and you and your entire family must be thrilled. Let us know in a post how you are. Enjoy your week, Anita

renae said...

Fun lipstick = Fun personality. I get it!!! yes, that is fun!

Take care and thanks for commenting and keeping me up on your schedule/events and fun happenings!

(hug)

Red Rose Alley said...

He just melts my heart. I can just picture him kissing the picture of the baby and wanting to give him some water. I think he's going to be a protective big brother.....and that's a good thing. :~)

Love,
~Sheri