Wednesday, June 12, 2013

This and That


Today when Maximus and I were out and about, we stopped to look at a water fountain.


He loves anything to do with water. We just finished up a couple months of swimming. We did the same class last year, where the two of us were in the water together. It's hard to believe and a little bittersweet to think that next year he'll graduate to swim lessons without me in the water with him.


His language has exploded and he's using sentences. They aren't always complete sentences, but he's really learning how to connect words together. I feel like I can see the wheels in his brain clicking away. It's incredibly rewarding to watch! I love all of the different stages...I just don't want them to happen too fast.


He enjoys talking about his baby brother that is coming and I believe he's going to do well when they finally meet.
 
When I asked Maximus today if he wanted to throw some money into the water, (a first for him) he got SO excited!!!
 
I had a few pennies in my wallet, so he threw those in.
 
We noticed there were several plastic spoons in there too. hmmm...ice cream anyone?
 
I love this boy!
 
*PREGNANCY UPDATE*
I am doing great! Today I'm at 30 weeks & 2 days. That means I have 2 months to go! It's truly been an uneventful pregnancy. I don't have many complaints. The major thing was being nauseous at first, but not any longer. I've been tired throughout, but feel like I've got a 2nd wind lately. That's probably because we are trying to get things organized and ready. Rob has been a HUGE support and help! I couldn't do it without him. When he was gone last week on a business trip, I realized how much tougher it was without him. He's so good about getting Maximus up in the mornings before work as well as helping out after work and on weekends. It always amazes me when I think about single parents. How do they do it??? They deserve a lot of credit!
 
A few weeks ago, a friend asked me if anyone was throwing me a baby shower. I told her no, and that I wasn't expecting one, especially since I was having another boy. She blew me away when she insisted on doing one! Her perspective was very interesting and one that I never really thought of before. She said that EVERY child deserves one - that it's a celebration! WOW! I feel quite blessed by her sweet generosity.
 
As usual, I've been a bit sporadic when it comes to blogging. I hope to change that. I'm hoping to do shorter posts and more often. We'll see about that. haha...I tend to be a bit long winded!

Thanks for stopping by...I appreciate you!


Happy day!

6 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HERE YOU BOTH ARE! I am so thrilled to see you and Maximus, Heidi! YOU ARE ALMOST THERE, and Maximus will again blow you away with his big brother skills emerging! How very exciting for you all, and please wish ROB A WONDERFUL FATHER'S DAY! LOVE TO YOU ALL, Anita

Deborah said...

Good morning!!!
Oh look how excited Maximus looks just hearing about throwing money in there!!! Lol
So cute...all the stages they go through. I know you are enjoying every moment with your little one and soon to be little-ones!
So good to hear you are feeling so well and oh my its only 2 months away! Wow!
How kind of your friend to have a shower for your precious one!
Enjoy!!!!!
Hugs and kisses!
We 're off to the market~holidays are wonderful! ;)

All my heart,
Deborah xoxoxoxo

moosic mom said...

Adorable Maximus! Someday he can look at your blog.....his baby book!

Karena said...

Heidi, Maximus is such a doll, so darling! Has he been to an aquarium yet. I took Isabella this past week and SHE WAS IN HEAVEN!

I am getting so excited about new baby, a name yet?

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
Giveaway from Splendid Sass!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning my dear Heidi!

You are so sweet to come on by; you have got to be so busy keeping up with the guys and preparing for your new little fellow! HOW EXCITING! And I wish you the best weekend with your beloved fathers. LOVE! Anita

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I just love to see pictures of this sweet boy. These are so cute. I'm glad that you are going to have a baby shower. Your friend is so special to give you one, and she's right....it is a celebration! Heidi, I have always loved water fountains. There is something so peaceful about them. Maximus is going to be a good brother, I'm sure of it. Tell husband how special it is that he helps out so much. I know it's not easy with working and all. You have a beautiful family, and soon you will be blessed with another one.

Have a fun weekend, Heidi.

Love,
~Sheri