Friday, June 21, 2013

One of Those Days

 Garbage day becomes almost an event at our house.
 
Oh, the anticipation!!
 
Hello!!!
 
 What fun!
 
But that's not all that happened yesterday. Nope! Maximus was playing with the drumsticks that Papa gave him and I heard a noise that called for my immediate attention. I didn't actually see it happen, but M apparently threw a drumstick at our plasma TV in the living room.
 
So, now we have a nice little starburst design in the center of our screen. (By the way, can you see M in the background? He was in time out). The TV still works fine and it didn't crack all of the layers of the screen, so it should be safe to use.
 
Needless to say, I was NOT happy! Actually I was more upset by it than Rob was. Yesterday was "One of those days!" Our sweet little guy really put my patience to the test. ALL DAY LONG!
 
Thankfully, we don't have too many of those days and Rob had to remind me that M is only 2 years old and that he really didn't know what he did.
 
Let's just say that today is going MUCH better! So glad it's Friday!
 
Happy weekend!

7 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Now THAT is an understanding father! WOOO, my daddy would have taken the switch to my little bu.........teehehehhee. MY MOMMA ACTUALLY DID if I broke anything! I am glad that things are a bit calmer now! AND glad to know that the plasma did not leak out! That would be a huge problem. Oh Heidi, may you have a problem-free weekend my dear! Anita

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Heidi,

Oh dear, sometimes you do have days like this with a little one.
Sorry this happened and hope that your weekend is wonderful and without any more incidents.

Happy weekend
hugs
Carolyn

Kidslife said...

That's just boys - they can't help it sometimes! Thank god they're too sweet and funny to be angry at for a long time. I bet M. was a little frightened by that crack too ...

Anonymous said...

He is absolutely adorable sitting and waiting for the garbage truck!

When my kids were that age I would have been so mad too. Now that they are older, I can look back and see what Rob was saying. He's just little, and he didn't know that was going to happen. Tv's are replaceable. And he'll probably break more things as he grows up. The nature of having a little boy I guess. This too shall pass, mama.

love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh-oh! I remember those days all too well. Get out of mama's way days. :) Hang in there, mom...and Max. :)
xoxo's

renae said...

Oh Oh, M break TV! Oh Oh!

MEGA TIME OUT FOR YOU KIDLETTE!!!!

renae said...

Oh Oh, M brake TV, Oh Oh!

Question: Now who provided him with a long, impaling harpoon type object again? Who would that have been? hmmmmm?

Memo to that person: Only give drumsticks to children over the age of 15.

MEGA TIME OUT FOR MAXIMUS, MEGA! Was he in time out for two hours instead of 2 minutes?

hahahahaha