Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring is in the Air...

Well, it's actually been quite damp, so it doesn't feel like Spring, but I am seeing signs of the flowers and trees blooming. I just can't get enough!

I'm also having fun again with my Photoshop program...it's fun to experiment with editing pictures, so bear with me. I invite your comments or suggestions!!

First off, I want to show you Herman along with the Day Lilies and the Tulips.
Pretty soon, Herman will be hiding in a forest of flowers. I'm going to have to do something about that!!

Now some of the other flowers...


I'm into planting flowers in containers, since we don't have a yard. It suits me just fine though. Here are some Primroses and Pansies. SOOC (Straight out of Camera)


With Photoshop, I added a Gaussian Blur to the background. Do you like this better?


Here's another photo SOOC (Straight out of Camera) Do you like the green algae/moss stuff growing on the pots? I can't decide if I want to leave it that way...to give it an old English or Italian Garden feel or if I should clean up the pots. What do you think?


Here's the Photoshop version. I made the background and the pots a little blurry....hmm....not sure if I'm in love with this...Nope, I've decided I'm not.



Magnolia Tree - SOOC


Again, blurred...I'm not in love with either of these pictures. I just didn't capture the right angle.

Okay...on to the next...I LOVE these trees. They remind me of cotton candy. I had fun playing around with this photo.


Cherry Blossom Tree - SOOC taken at Target


Edges of the photo are blurred.



A different tweak.

Here's another one. I should have kept track of the names of the actions I performed. I kind of like this.



I think this action was called paint daubs...but don't quote me.


Last one...

That's all for today. Let me know what you think. Maybe I should focus less on tweaking the pictures and focus more on the SOOC shots. Thanks for letting me share with ya!

Happy Day!!
hi-d

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the affect of Cherry Blossoms #4. Looks like something you could buy and hang on your wall.

love and hugs

Shirley said...

LOVE Herman! I like the first blurred one (with just the one pot). I also like the cherry blossoms #4 - very cool.

Have you tried doing a spot color for just one thing and have the rest of the photo b&w? I like that effect on some things. I modified some pictures of S & H and they turned out kind of cool. I need to figure out how to get rid of the little selection line, though.

Ok - sorry - this got a little long!

Love ya!

Shannon said...

Oooooh, your flowers look great! I love what you did in photoshop too! Very pretty!

LaLa said...

Beautiful pictures. I like the 1st cherry blossom picture. This time of year is heavenly to say the least.It's too bad the cherry blossoms last for such a short time. I guess we appreciate them more that way.Have a great day.