Thursday, August 4, 2011

When in Doubt...

...Keep Your Butt Out!

Did I just say that??? haha...

What I'm talking about has to do with lifting objects. I'm including a link to a blog titled, Katy Says, that my Mom sent me.

In a recent post, Katy shows a video on the correct way to lift things. Yes...you should lift with your legs and not your back, but there's more to it. She demonstrates it here on this short video.
I've been doing a lot of lifting lately. I'm sure it has something to do with a little guy named, Maximus. Just a few short months ago, there were times when I would wake up in the morning and could barely get out of bed. On a few occasions, Rob had to actually help me. Once I got up and started moving, I was okay.

Perhaps you'll find this useful. And of course, like anything else, always check with a health care professional about any back issues you may be having.

Happy day!
hi-d

8 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I NEEDED THIS ADVICE! For as long as I have been lifting weights in my gym, I have never injured myself. But I finally did it one day helping the mista haul some heavy furniture up and down the basement stairs!!!! I am feeling so much better, however, with the help of the chiro!!!

HEY THERE MAXIMUS! Anita

Sam W. said...

good to know!! happy weekend :)

Emily grapes said...

Ugh, I've lifted plenty of times with my back and felt it afterward! Great thing to stress. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend!!


www.keepthefaithgoing.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

They always say Mama's have the nicest arms from all that weight lifting! I need to remember that when my 35lb dog wants to be carried ;)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HEY SWEET FRIEND!

THANK YOU for coming to visit the little ROCKET MAN and friends! teeeeheeee...I just had to put that little guy in somewhere!

YOUR KINDNESS and friendship means the world to me Heidi. Enjoy a wonderful weekend...I can already feel however, the humidity coming on here!

LOVE TO YOU! Anita

Martina said...

Tips like this one are great - i always try to remember this one when lifting something. Hope you and Maximus enjoy your weekend! xx

Rae said...

I have missed you and your sweet Maximus!!
Good stuff to know, you are so funny!! Makes me smile real big!

trump said...

Greetings from the Amish community of Lebanon,Pa. Richard from Amish Stories.