Monday, February 3, 2014

26 Weeks

Crazy to think that this little guy will be 6 months old on Wednesday

Santino loves television remotes, cell phones and anything with lights. He about goes nuts trying to lunge for them.

When we're out and about he fights sleep. He must be concerned that he'll miss some action if he catches a few zzz's.

Last week we moved his swing to our bedroom. He has been taking naps in there and so far he is napping better. It's less distraction than when he was in the living room and he heard and saw the commotion of what was going on around him. I'm sure the occasional loud burst of excitement or talking from Maximus attributed to the fact of him waking at times.

Last night when Santino woke up and wasn't getting back to sleep I put him in the swing without the motion on. He slept well! It's the first solid 4 hours of sleep I have had at night for I don't know how long. The next time he woke up, I fed and changed him and he went back in the swing for another 3 1/2 hours. I don't want him to get hooked on the swing, but it sure is good to get some sleep! We'll see how things go...it's just nice to have another option if he's not sleeping well in his bed.

I'm curious to see what his height and weight is when I take him for a check up on Wednesday. He's wearing 9 month sizes in some clothes and a few weeks ago we went to size 3 diapers.

Santino can sit up on his own for very short periods, but he's still wobbly, so we have to have him either propped up against something or need to be sitting close by to catch him if he starts falling over.

When we put him on the floor, he'll roll over and spin around in a different direction than we placed him. I know once he starts crawling we'll really be on our toes.

I know I sound like a broken record, but Santino is such a sweet baby...he has a twinkle in his eye and a heart warming smile. We all love him to pieces!

I hope you're February is off to a good start!

2 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

He loves remotes....teeehee

Those men. You gotta love 'em because it seems from the get-go, they love gadgets AND they love to fix 'em! I love having the male mind around; they can fix just about ANYTHING!

What a happy boy dearest Heidi; you are one lucky mama....

renae said...

This little Santino is so cute! I love how you place those overlays on his shirt. When I first saw those, I thought you had shirts like that for each month. hahahaha, I'm a dork! hahahahaha.

He can sit himself up? wow, that is great! He will be crawling sooooon. So fun!

Yes call me anytime, I would love to visit.