Thursday, March 27, 2014

Firsts

Aren't they cute?

Last Saturday I took the boys to Target. This was the first time that they sat next to each other in a shopping cart. In the past, I would put Santino in his car seat in the basket area of the cart, while Maximus sat in the front.


Honestly, it didn't even occur to me that Santino was now old enough to sit in a shopping cart by himself. It's only been a little over a month that he's been able to sit up on his own. So, when I was shopping with Grandma LaLa last week and she suggested sitting him in the cart, I looked at her and it was as if a light bulb went off. "REALLY?" I thought. Yep. He can! Thanks, LaLa! Why didn't I think of that?! haha...
 
Santino has been having fun crawling through cardboard boxes lately.
 
Maximus is starting to look so grown up! Wait a minute!!!
 
Last Sunday was another "first" for the boys. They got to take a bath together.
 
Gotta love the shirts, huh? "If you mustache...I'm the little (or big) brother." These were gifts I got at Santino's baby shower.
 
Spring is upon us...we've had some beautiful days of sunshine, but now we are back to rain, with some sunbreaks. On Tuesday, I caught this rainbow behind our home.
 
Whenever I see this in the sky, it reminds me that God ALWAYS keeps His promises.
 
I am putting my rainbow in the clouds as the sign of the agreement between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and a rainbow appears in them, I will remember my agreement between me and you and every living thing. Floods will never again destroy all life on the earth. Genesis 9:13-15 (New Century Version)
 
Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest friend! I cannot believe how time passes so quickly and watching kids is like watching a clock in fast motion. Maximus looks like the man about town, and I can see he will be the man of the hour, no matter where he goes! He has such a fun way about him, as if he knows he's a free-wheelin' dude, a free spirit! hahahahahahha

Enjoy a GORGEOUS spring day, keeping the promise of our Lord near to you. LOVE!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! They are absolutely adorable. Love the rainbow picture. Someday I shall live in a home where I can see the sky again. (((sigh))) I love all this rain, but I miss the sun from Monday.

xoxo dawn

moosic mom said...

All so precious. Love the pictures! The rainbow.....yest, after the flood that covered the earth in the days of NOAH! I hear that the new Noah movie doesn't mention the name of GOD once! I won't be going and giving my money to see that movie! But GOD'S NOT DEAD is fabulous. We saw it this week!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Heidi, I was so taken back by the boys that the last time I came, I did not notice your NEW header! I love it! So happy and colorful.

Thank you for coming by last night; YOU SAW A DOUBLE RAINBOW? Oh those are such a gift to see! And this winter, we had SUNDOGS.....rainbows that occur with ice crystals in the air. That was such a sight to behold as well. God has so many treats for us to experience, if we just look out our windows. Have a lovely day! Anita

Anonymous said...

Oh, Heidi, they are so precious. How I enjoy watching them grow. Thank you for sharing the magical journey with us. I agree with Anita, Maximus looks like the man about town. teehee
Enjoy your boys, and the beginnings of spring. Indeed, He always keeps His promises indeed. Thank you for the reminder, friend.
xoxo

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh Heidi,
What a precious post!
You are so right.. Maximus is growing up so fast, and little Santino, OMG is he a doll...
I adore the photos you have taken. Beautiful rainbow.. One of Gods beautiful gifts.

Thank you dear friend, for your most welcome visit and kind words.
So sorry I am late in getting back to you. So happy I came today. I would not have wanted to miss this post.
Wishing you and yours a beautiful weekend.
blessings,
Penny

Red Rose Alley said...

Heidi,
First of all, I have a tear in my eye, as rainbows are so special to me, and I believe when we see them they are a gift. I just received a gift from you today, so thank you.

Seceondly, Those boys of yours.....be still my heart. I think they are two of the cutest boys I've seen. I chuckled when I saw Maximus walking down the street. He looks so cool in his beanie. And Santino in the shopping cart is precious.

Your sons must be pure joy to you. And guess what? I have that same picture of the girls in the bath tub, and it is a treasured picture of mine.

love to you and your little ones.

~Sheri

Martina said...

Hey, can't believe how much Santino has grown! Now, they both can have fun together already- so sweet! Love for a happy start of April°

renae said...

Oh cute Heidi!!! I love seeing both of these guys together. That first Target cart shot is so precious. It is so great that you have two sweet, happy, healthy boys/sons. wow. Yes God does keep his promises. awh ~