Friday, June 4, 2010

Chicken Scallopine



Like I mentioned in my previous post - I like to cook if I have ALL of the ingredients for a recipe. There is nothing worse than finding a great dish but missing several of the key things...and NOT wanting to go to the store. So, this week I purposed to do some shopping and bought those items that I don't normally have on hand. I just felt like venturing out and making some new stuff.

Last night for dinner we enjoyed Pioneer Woman's Chicken Scallopine. It was quite easy to make and very tasty! Get the simple step-by-step directions with photos here. I didn't follow the recipe exactly to a Tee. I forgot to top it with parmesan cheese and I used fettuccine instead of linguine. Next time, I'll go with different pasta, as my chef of a husband pointed out (not in a bad way) that it overpowered the rest of the dish. He suggested that I use a thinner pasta next time like Angel Hair. I think that would be too thin. HA! He's a funny boy. Actually, he's a pretty good cook. His mama taught him well.

Anyway...If you like chicken and mushrooms and a bit of a tang that you get from the capers, I think you'll like this meal. Enjoy!


Happy day!
hi-d

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That recipe sounds de-lish! Except for the capers. Do you think it would still taste okay if I left them out? And if I make them (like maybe next week) I'll use angel hair pasta, like Rob said. :-)

hi-d said...

I think it would taste just fine if you left the capers out. Let mw know how it turns out with the angel hair pasta as well. HA!