Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Calendar Art

I have a tendency (especially when I was younger), to save fashion magazines, hangtags, boxes, bags and calendars.  LaLa (my Mother-in-law, for those of you that don't know) gave me a calendar that she had from last year. It is full of glitter on every page and has some really cool pictures, featuring 1920's fashion. It is by Flame Tree Publishing. If you look the calendar up online there are a few places that still have the 2009 version:

Well, today I thought I'd change up a picture that I had in our bathroom. So what better way to use this calendar that I had been saving?! I got out some scissors, a glue stick & went to town. I used several different elements from a few different pages. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Here are some photos of the finished product. It was hard to avoid the glare from the glass when getting these shots.



And just a little note to my husband, Rob...
See, this is why I like to save some things...for those "just in case" moments. HA HA! :)

Happy day!
hi-d

5 comments:

Run26.2Mom said...

Too funny about the side note to your husband!
Very creative idea. I will have to check out the link.
Have a good day.
Susan

Shirley said...

Very cool! You are so creative!

terry said...

hi, heidi ~
LOL... you and i are so much alike! are you my sister from a different mother? ( or however that funny saying goes!) i also have a tendency to save such things... trying to be very selective now, though... ( it is tough!) anywho, you did a super fantastic job on the picture in your bathroom! and of course, rob cannot complain because not only were you creative; you were being economical as well! kudos!
xoxo, terry

Amy said...

You did a great job!

Thanks for all the comments and the blog birthday wish. You're so creative too and I love to see what you are up to.

Anonymous said...

wow, nicely done... this looks great Heidi... right up my alley too.
Linda