Monday, September 20, 2010

Table & Chairs

I have another Craigslist find that I wanted to share with you. We were looking for a dining room set - table & chairs and had looked at furniture stores. A lot of the mid priced sets were junk! I was determined to find something better and cheaper on Craigslist. Finally, after looking for a while, I came across this one - it was a total blessing from God. The price was AMAZING!!! I was able to get it for $100! That's right! I have a hard time not sharing the price of things when they are an amazing deal.

Rob removed the old fabric from the seats. I washed the foam cushions in the bath tub & dried them in the dryer - took forever for that, by the way. Rob went with me to the fabric store & picked out the new fabric, which I really like. I was thankful to be able to use a 50% off coupon at JoAnn Fabrics, so it brought the price of the fabric way down - I think we spent a little over $30 on it.

With the new fabric, I recovered the chairs, with the help of my dear friend, Dawn - a.k.a. Mamabear's Den. She used her air compressor stapler gun.
So, here was the old cushion fabric:

And, here is the new:

The colors are much richer in person

The table came with 4 chairs & an extra leaf, so it will be perfect for years to come.


I'm so excited about this find. What about you? What's the best deal you've found on Craigslist?

Happy day!
hi-d

4 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a gorgeous revamp!

Shirley said...

Wow! You could do this for a living, you know! :) Love the piece over the table, too! Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh they look so pretty, Heidi! I love the thing hanging above the table too.

Shirley, funny you should say that, Heidi and I have joked a few times that recovering chairs is so much fun we should go into business. We love it that much!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Heidi! The chairs look great! I got a similar deal on Craigs list with my kitchen table. A hundred bucks and we just love it. I like the fabric you picked out.