Thursday, September 9, 2010

Just Paint It!

I get on these kicks where I want to paint something. Here's a quick little project that I did last week. I took a clock that we had for a while, and painted it a bronzish color. It's kind of fun to just change things up a bit with a little paint.

Before
After

I'm not sure that I'm totally in love with it...it's a little shiny. Who knows - I may paint it again. Shhh...don't tell Rob. haha...
~Update - I've decided, that the clock is going to get repainted. Looking at the before & after pictures, it actually looked better, before! Ugh...I guess that's what happens with projects sometimes. Oh well...it gives me another chance to paint!~

Last year I was on a kick where I painted a bunch of picture frames that had pictures in them. Oh, what fun! I even took this really ugly green plastic pot that a plant (tree) was in and painted it a brownish/black.

Before

After

What about you? Do you enjoy painting? Walls? Clocks? Picture Frames? Anything? I'd love to hear about it.

Happy day!
hi-d

6 comments:

coolbreeze (a.k.a. Rob the Husband) said...

I'm sure if I sat still long enough I would get painted......

Shirley said...

LOL to Rob's comment!!
Love the pot - that looks great!
I love to paint walls, but I have paint to do some furniture pieces that I hope to try soon.

Anonymous said...

My two cents... I like the look of the clock now, rather than before.

Oh and me and painting don't get along very well. I'm not a good painter. I've been banned from painting any walls in our house. LOL!

Anonymous said...

ps - have you ever been to Kate's blog?
http://www.centsationalgirl.com/
She has some super ideas and project how-to's on her blog.

But beware... you will lose at least two hours of sleep if you visit her blog. :-)

love ya!

hi-d said...

Thanks for the tip on that blog, Dawn. I did check it out the other day. It just amazes me what some people can do! :)

Run26.2Mom said...

I recently painted a clock that was silver to black. I was pleased.
I think the clock looks great. I wonder what color it will end up? The suspense has me going!
Peace!