Thursday, September 2, 2010

Street of Dreams - Part I

Last week, my Mom & I went to the Street of Dreams. There were 6 homes, that we got to tour. Prices ranged from $148,000 for a 1,250 square foot modular, green living space, to $1.7 Million for mansion home situated in Forest Park coming in just shy of 6,000 square feet. There were also 2 penthouses located in downtown Portland, but they were not available for us to see that day. The penthouses went for $4,800 & $5,500/month.
I haven't been to the show in years. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera along, but I ended up snapping some photos with my cell phone, so the quality on some of these is not that great.
Most of the pictures I took were of the 1.7 Million Dollar Home. It was by far the best of the show! In fact, we got to meet one of the builder's - Jamie Harris, of Elite Development Northwest, LLC. She had an very pleasant, down-to-earth, nature, and is extremely talented, I might add. Over the next several days, I'll be sharing photos of this beautiful "Forest Edge" Home. You can check out the floor plan here.
As you walk into this home, you are welcomed into a great room with 30 foot high ceilings.

Can't you just picture Juliet calling out to Romeo from above?
Staircase in the great room leading to the upper level
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Next is the Dining Room
I love the little cut out coves with the ferns.
Beautiful chandelier
___________________________________________________________________________

The Kitchen
Lovely arrangement
This stove hood was custom made out of knotty alder wood.
This home received an "Earth Advantage Gold Certification" for efficiency.

So far, so beautiful, huh? Stay tuned...there's more to come.

Happy day!
hi-d

check out my other blog @ Proverbs for Every Day

1 comment:

Run26.2Mom said...

Wouldn't it be fun to decorate such an awesome home. To actually be able to pick out all the detail pieces. Thanks for sharing!