Friday, September 17, 2010

Street of Dreams - Part IV

Now that you've seen the 1.7 Million Dollar Home from the The Street of Dreams,
Set 1, Set 2, Set 3, I thought it would be fun to show you a house that was priced at $148,000.

This 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, comes with a kitchen &; living room area, at 1,250 square feet. Ideabox, is the name of the company that makes this green-living prefab home. It comes with an EPA Cool Roof, low solar gain windows, fiber cement panels & flat fiber cement lap siding.
The house was bright. All rooms had 8' tall glass doors, bringing the natural light indoors. In addition, bamboo flooring, quartz & concrete counters & maple built-ins were used.

The house had an IKEA-ish feeling to it - simple & clean lines. I wish I had taken more pictures of the interior. It was such a quick tour and it was the last house of the day. Plus, we had just come away from seeing the 1.7 million dollar home...so I wasn't quite as camera happy. You can check out the website for more photos at  Ideabox. 

But, I did manage to get some shots of the landscaping. I thought it was pretty nice - had a dessert kind of feel to it, which went nicely with the whole green theme.


What did you think of this home? Could you live in this type of space?

Happy day!
hi-d
check out my other blog @ Proverbs for Every Day

3 comments:

Shirley said...

After living in a camper ... yes, I could live in that space! I think I could live anywhere God puts me :)

Shannon said...

I don't think I would like to live in a house that modern all the time but a weekend would be fun! :)

Run26.2Mom said...

I love the concept! I love the natural light.I could live there but we would have to get rid of a lot of stuff.
Peace.
Susan