Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Need Your Opinion

Above our new table & chairs, Rob & I hung this mirror/coat rack.

Yep...you guessed it - Another Craigslist find! Originally, I purchased it, thinking it would be used for it's intended purchase - a coat rack & mirror for our small entry way. It just didn't look that good there, so Rob suggested that we hang it above the table.
I really like the look and feel of it! Kind of Old World/Italian. Don't you think? Well, here's the question. Do you like it with or without the cups hanging from the hooks?

With


or
Without
I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Actually, Rob is too! What do you think - cups or no cups? If you like them, do you think they are the right kind/color? Suggestions?

Thank you, friends. Have a good one! And don't forget to check your local Craigslist postings for some great finds!

Happy day!
hi-d

check out my other blog @ Proverbs for Every Day

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it might look better with some dried herbs tied together and hung upside down instead, hanging from the hooks. I'm just not sure the cups are large enough to anchor the hooks they hang on. They are beautiful mugs, a lovely color to accompany the rest of the piece, but they are a bit small. So even if you didn't hang the dried herbs (like lavender or whatever), something else might be more appropriate.

Shirley said...

I LOVE that piece - it is so cool. Honestly, though, the cups somehow seem too 'obvious' to be there. I agree with Dawn that something else hanging there would be cool - just a thought - but what about a colorful decorative plate suspended from black ribbon or something. Or Kooky :)
Or little picture frames?

coolbreeze (a.k.a. Rob the Husband) said...

No dried flowers PLEASE!!!!! LOL....

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I really like the plate idea...or how about stemware?

Design Apprentice said...

I think the hooks def need something to tie it into the kitchen. The cups work for now, the herb idea is adorable too though from Mamabear. Like garlic, rosemary, and thyme in little satchels. I think that would really give the old world Italian feel you are looking for. I think if you choose to keep the cups they look nice but I'd have to see the rest of your kitchen to decide what color they should be.

Run26.2Mom said...

Love the piece! Maybe you could hang a set of tapered candles that have the string attached...without it looking too country. Then add some dried herbs (great idea) with a pretty ribbon attached to off set the candles. I love candles. I was thinking if the ledge is wide enough to support three slim pillar candles with pretty bases in the center of the mirror? Just random thoughts. Can't wait to see what you decide on.