Saturday, July 24, 2010

Baby Talk

Things are progressing well...


Photo used under Creative Commons from kteague


Yesterday I had a Doctor's appointment and had another ultrasound. The baby looks right on track and we saw the heartbeat. That was a comforting sight. I will continue to have 4 week appointments for now, with my next ultrasound being in 8 weeks.

I think I'm past the nauseous state for now. Yes!

As far as finding out the sex of the baby? I know some of you have asked...well, get this...At first I was leaning towards wanting to find out, but Rob was wanting to wait until the baby was born...Then...about 3 weeks ago...Rob said, "I think we should find out. It would just make things so much easier." AAAHHHH! Too funny. Well, the only bad thing is that I have fixed my mind on not finding out, so I'm sticking to it.

 Photo used under Creative Commons from Northampton Museum

Photo used under Creative Commons from Creative Tools


Names - We've had those picked out for years! If we have a girl, we're going with Sophie. If it's a boy, we'll name him Maximus, (Max for short). It's always interesting looking up the meaning of one's name. Sophie means "Wisdom" & Maximus means "The Greatest." Cool, huh? If you don't know the meaning of your own name - check it out here.

I decided to start up swimming again. It has been great! I really missed it. Apparently I've been getting too much sun though. I got scolded by the Doctor that I need to limit my sun exposure - that pregnant women can have a lot of skin changes...Oh, and I need to start wearing sunscreen. Dang - so busted! And Rob was there too, so no living that down. I have been enjoying laying by the pool lately...but I'll be more careful.

We have also been working hard to downsize some of our stuff and clean out the spare bedroom. We still have more to do, but that we've done so far feels goods! We found a big cabinet on Craigslist for a fraction of the price that it goes for in the stores. It's perfect for storing towels, linens, toilet paper & miscellaneous items. My Mom still has the bassinet & crib that all of my brothers and I slept in when we were babies. We're going to check them out one of these days and may go with them. I'm thinking I'll make some curtains for the room and probably dress up the crib & bassinet.

Well, that's about it for now.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend!


Happy day!
hi-d

7 comments:

Moosic Mom said...

Wonderful miracle.....a baby! Such
a creation of the Lord! And people that don't believe in Jesus, how can that possibly be!!?? There has to be a Creator to even come up with the idea of humans. The universe is such a creation by our great God! Thank you Jesus!

Anonymous said...

Oh Heidi, I just love any updates on your pregnancy progress. It just makes my heart happy. :-) I'm so glad the baby is growing well. Isn't swimming awesome! When I was pregnant with Justin I took a maternity water aerobics class, and I enjoyed it so much.
I can't wait to meet Max or Sophie.

xo dawn

Run26.2Mom said...

I too love your pregnancy updates! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful miraculous journey.
LOVE the names you and your husband have chosen!!
Glad you are getting some energy back and swimming again.

Design Apprentice said...

I love love love your pregnancy updates. My heart is so so happy for you and Rob. You are going to be an exceptional mother to either Max or Sophie. Both adorable names by the way. :)

hi-d said...

Thank you everyone! It is a wonderful miracle indeed! So amazing. I don't think it's quite sunk in for us yet.

Glad you like the names. :)

Shannon said...

Glad the sickies are going away! That's always a relief. Still love the names! :)

Our Journey said...

I am so happy for you! God is good!!!! I think swimming is a good idea! Hope you enjoy it! BTW~stay out of the sun. :-)