Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Garden Shop

I love going to garden stores. The big box stores are good when it comes to value & price, but you don't get the same kind of charm, variety & uniqueness that you do from the smaller, specialty stores. Last week, my Mom took me to Gardener's Choice. They are located in Tigard and have a huge inventory of garden décor & flowers. They don't have a website, otherwise I would link it here.
I love the little sign "Garden Tours 25¢"
 
Tons of water features & fountains. I thought this one had a cool modern twist to it.

Love the willowy branches, the screens & the poppy colored paint.

They had a boatload of planters - pots, urns, boxes, you name it - merchandised by color.
Garden Art
A goofy looking bird.
Brightly colored watering cans...and tons of flowers...
I should have taken more pictures.

My Mom bought me this colorful dahlia & I planted it in a pot that I had. Thanks, Mom!

I hope you're having good weather. We finally got some warm temperatures! It's going to be in the 90's for the next 3 days.

If you haven't been to a local garden store in a while, at least get out there and do some window shopping. It's good therapy.

Happy day!
hi-d

2 comments:

terry said...

hi, heidi~

just like you, i love, love, love to go to garden shops... especially the unique, non-box store types. you are right... you can find more quirky and beautiful things at such shops. love the pictures. i would like to get a water feature, but there are so many mosquitoes here and i am afraid to provide a breeding ground. and planters... whoa. if i could, i would have so many that i would need another house. thanks for sharing your trip with your mom to gardener's choice. you are so lucky to be able to spend time together.
happy day to you, heidi!
xoxo, terry

Run26.2Mom said...

I , too, love the unique pieces a small hometown garden shop offers. I found several items I would have loved to buy.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the sun!
Peace.