Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hydrangeas



Here's the color of my hydrangea this year. When we bought it 2 years ago, it was actually a lavender/blue color. Last year, along with pictures, I included a link that gives you instructions on how to change the color of these guys here.

I did try adding some coffee grounds to the soil, last year, in hopes that it would change the flowers to a more purplish/blue color. You can tell that it's starting to go that direction, but it takes at least a season or so before you see any changes. I may just add more grounds, and wait to see what happens next summer.

Regardless...I pretty much love any color of flower out there. What about you?

Happy day!
hi-d

4 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

My favorite flower ... beautiful!!!

Shirley said...

Those are beautiful! I love hydrangeas!

Moosic Mom said...

Gorgeous! I just bought dolomite lime to make our soil more alkaline to turn our blue ones lavender. It will take a year. He said feed them now, and in Nov. and in the Spring. Your coffee grounds are acidic...for turning blue...that is......the flowers..HA!

Run26.2Mom said...

Impressive!