Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Cards & Glitter

Thank you for letting me vent yesterday. I felt a little silly after I posted it, but that's okay...I realize that I am much harder on myself than others are, so I don't want anyone getting the wrong impression, that there's a particular someone out there that I have a beef with that just always gives me a hard time...that person is usually ME, Moi, Myself & I!!! Thanks for your sweet comments though. I appreciate it and always like hearing from you.

Anyway...on a lighter note, I've finished my Christmas Cards and they are going in the mail today with the exception of a few stragglers, the one's that I need addresses. This year I didn't buy any new cards. I LOVE cards, don't get me wrong, but I had so many leftovers from years past...5 different ones. So, what I ended up doing with the one's that were a little plain, was taking some silver glitter spray (which you can find at a craft store) and I sprayed the front of the cards. I got this idea from my Mom - thanks!

Here's some pictures of how I did it...easy as pie (whoever said that pie was easy?) and it adds a little sumpin’ sumpin’...


Stack the cards one on top of the other, so that you only spray the front.


Make sure you are able to breathe while spraying…OPEN A WINDOW!


I'm noticed how funny it looks that these pictures are upside down, but when I tried to rotate them, the angle make me feel almost dizzy, so I am sparing you of that vertigo feeling and will leave them this way. LOL...

Merry Christmas!
hi-d

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom is so smart! What a great way to spruce up Christmas cards!

Oh, and about yesterday's post...
I agree with what everyone else said. We tend to be harder on ourselves than anyone else. We see our imperfections, and think the rest of the world sees them too. They don't. I tend to get all uptight and worried when people walk into my house and don't see everything perfect, and put away, and tidy. And then you walked in the other day... and I tried to see myself how (I imagine) you see me... with no condemnation, the love of a friend, and someone who knows that life is busy. Sometimes busier than we'd like it to be. But we're all "doing life" together - on this same earth. And we're all trying to do the best we can with what we've been given.

Okay, sorry about that. I didn't mean to ramble on and on like that.

love you, friend!
hugs.

Katie said...

Very creative, Heidi! You're so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea! You have a smart mama!
And glad you shared yourself in your last post! :0)