Thursday, December 10, 2009

Frozen Food

With extremely cold temperatures here lately, the nectar in the hummingbird feeder has been frozen solid, and it seems to be staying that way. Yesterday we didn’t reach over freezing. Those little hummers keep coming to the feeder though…I think they are fond of popsicles, because that’s pretty much what they’re getting.


The yellow cast is from the sun shining...


Going in for a drink...or a lick...



I hope you're all staying warm. The forecast for this weekend shows a chance of SNOW! I really hope we get some.

Happy day!
hi-d

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No snow until I go buy some new tire chains though. LOL.
Wow, I am really surprised the hummingbirds don't migrate, or at least hunker down until the temperatures warm up. They are hardy souls, aren't they.

Amy said...

I'm surprised too that the hummingbirds don't migrate. They do here in New England or they do a good job of hiding out all winter. I love to watch the birds and we get a whole new group in the winter.

I hope you get some snow. It snowed here yesterday but then it rained so we don't have too much (maybe an inch) left. I hope you get your decorating done too. :) I think I'm going to post some pictures of my house tomorrow.

Shannon said...

I'm jealous of your chance of snow! :)

Same New Story said...

it suddenly got pretty cold here as well! In fact today I will be on the search for a proper WARM winter coat.

Sunny said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I got tire chains yesterday at Les Schwab. Ack, I almost peed my pants. They cost me $100!!!
So now (((sigh))) it can snow...
:-)

kadler said...

Aww, so cute!