Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Surprise Visitor

It SNOWED yesterday and it caught everyone off guard, even the weathermen! Rob's commute home last night, (less than 13 miles) took 4 hours; a trip that normally takes about 20 minutes. So, besides the major traffic issues that we had in the Metro area, all is good, and he made it home safely. I LOVE SNOW. It's melting now, but hopefully it will be back again before winter is over...

Notice my new rain chain? I got that from LaLa & Bernardo for Christmas...

I'm afraid that my Gardenia (left of picture) may not survive...

The bird feeders were getting hit hard...

I love the snow covered trees! I think that rain chain is turning into a snow chain!

Bird's eye view...ha ha...

Big, Fluffy Flakes...

It's magical...

View to the outside patio...

One of my fav's...

Herman is even getting caught up in the action...

I should have decorated this Miss Kim Lilac...

Love the texture...

The birds still like to eat...

And so does Ritchie the Squirrel...

He takes a big stretch, but chickens out, and leaps back in the tree...

Okay...that was fun...at least for me. You have to understand that we don't get a ton of snow here, (with the exception of about 2 feet last year.) SO, I get really excited when we got even a flake or two!

I took some other random snow pictures and will post those later...Until then...

happy day!
hi-d


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool snow pics hi-d!

Shirley said...

The rain chain is so cool! I'll have to find one now :) Just kidding. Poor Herman - he looks like he is enjoying it, though.
Thanks for sharing your pics - we could use some snow. :)

LaLa said...

If you really study Herman, he looks a bit like Santa to me. The rain chain looks very nice and I'd like to compliment the purchaser. I always enjoy your pictures so much and look forward to a new bunch. Mostly, I really adore the snow but only for the first 10 minutes then it's time to say bye bye.

Amy said...

I love your snow pictures. We are supposed to get some snow from tomorrow until Sunday but it's mixed with rain everyday so I don't think it will be as pretty as this.

Have a wonderful new years!

P.S. No worries I'll keep the Through my Window series going as long as I can. Plus a few new things in the works.

Unknown said...

LOVE the snow photos. i never get to see snow!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

My fav pics are the ones you took looking up and seeing the snowflakes falling.
(((sigh))) I miss the snow already. Just not the driving in it part.