Thursday, August 23, 2012

Celebrating

Last Saturday we went over to Rob's parents' house to celebrate his birthday, from earlier this month.
 
 
Grandpa and Maximus hung out for a bit...
 
 
Panda wanted to make sure she was in on part of the action.
 
 
After lunch, Rob's Mom and I went outside and Maximus got comfy in the hammock.

 "Grandma...Why must I try and take a nap?"

 
"Because you're sleepy, Maximus."
 
 
Grandma LaLa pushed him in the hammock and sung/hummed to him for quite some time. He closed his eyes for about a minute, and was on the verge of crashing hard, but he fought it!

 
 
 Later we went inside. Grandma was making Maximus giggle...

 
Then it was time for Papa to open up his birthday gift from his parents.

 
Maximus pretty much stepped in and took over for Papa.

 
He knew exactly what to do...
 
 
Rip off the tape...
 
 
Let's see what's inside...

 
What do we have here???
 
 
 PERFECT - a GPS!!!

 
Before we left, M had to check out the chimes...multiple times.

 
 And give the doggie a kiss...
 
 
Happy day!
hi-d
 


3 comments:

Marianne said...

Those chimes are to die for! He's always going to remember those. Amazing!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

teehee.....how, how WONDERFUL! I love Rob's parents' Asian theme in their home with the chimes! I bet Maximus had a blast listening to those! What a beautiful home they have my dear!

Well, Maximus is growing so big and before we all know it, we will be seeing him off to school! Oh dear, school starts soon, but WAIT! I don't have to worry too much, just on how to be a substitute!!!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY! Anita

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I love his curiosity....this age is so fun and they are always BUSY looking at things and trying to figure out what to do next!!!Liam is having temper tantrums...yesterday we were at Target and he kept trying to get out of the shopping cart...MIMI had to be the mean one...saying NO--NOPE--NO WAY!!!!
And then he through a fit...I told him over and over again BOYS don't throw tantrums...only little girls whine and cry to get their way...He kept looking at me.....and I did not give in!!!
Your MIL is so awesome with Mr. M......and I bet she is a Saint with him. I love their dog too!!!
Hugs,
jamie