Monday, August 27, 2012

Simple Fun!

 I picked up some paper & markers at the store today and while Maximus was napping, I rolled out a few feet of paper and taped it to the kitchen floor.


 Most of M's experience with drawing and such comes from the crayons that have accompanied a children's menu when we go out to eat.


Yesterday he had fun doodling in church, so I thought he might enjoy trying it on a larger scale.


 I get so much joy watching this guy experience new things.


 It's okay to get messy, Maximus. They're washable markers. haha...
The good thing is he actually enjoys washing his hands in the kitchen sink.


 At the end of the day, here's what he drew. And as with anything, M enjoyed inspecting and playing with the markers just as much or more than drawing with them.


Don't you think we should all dig out some markers or crayons this week and enjoy this simple entertainment?


I am linking up with Renae over at Simple Sequins & Mary at Merry Dot Dandy for their E.A.S.Y. Tuesday Blog hop. Each Tuesday they write a post that is:
 
e. enthusiastic
a. awesome
s. simple
y. yes
 
You can choose to do all the letters / topics or
just one or two or three or all four - you choose!
 
I am choosing "SIMPLE" for this post.
 

Happy day!
hi-d


6 comments:

renae said...

awesome!!!!!!!!! thank you!!!!!!

When i read your post I thought Oh this would work out great to be a link with our easy thingy.... and then there is was all along!

thank you and tell M thanks too, k?

Mary said...

Ya hooooo Heidi...so cute with M. This is a great link in the simple category. Thank you for coming to post with us. xoxox

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THIS IS SO GREAT my friend. There is POETRY in any thing and every thing, and to watch a child at ANY AGE discover the magic that can come from their fingertips is a gift of living!!! HAVE MORE FUN TODAY! Anita

E. said...

These pictures are so cute!
And what a lovely name your son has!
Great post!
I'm visiting from EASY Tuesday.
Have a happy week! :)

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I love this idea!!!I just may do this one day!!!
Liam loves to draw...only he gets it all over the table!!!SO this is a great idea!!!!
I love that Mr. M is holding his marker correctly...it took us forever and I mean til a few months ago to get Sweet little Miss to hold her crayon/pen the correct way!!!
Liam is doing ok....he does it right some of the time!!!
have fun drawing....we just might do this today!!!
hugs,
jamie

Patty said...

What a good mommy you are! He is a little doll and a great artist!