Tuesday, July 24, 2012

M's First Beach Trip


Sunday we took Maximus to the beach for the day. We caravanned behind Rob's parents, their dogs and Rob's niece and husband.

There were some showers on the way down.

It didn't take too long for Maximus to go from this...


to this...



When we arrived at Seaside, we stopped for a potty break and did a little shopping and hanging out. Then, Rob suggested that we head down to the beach, since there was a break in the weather.


See that blue sky?
Yippee!!!



This is a collection of various photos from different cameras. Lots of shots were taken and it's as though cameras were flying...(inside joke)...haha...


M spots something he's NEVER seen...SAND!


It always seems to be a challenge to get a good family photo. M was READY to get his feet in the sand! He wanted DOWN!!!


On our way to have some fun!


READY


SET


GO!!!


And "GO" he did!

He was BEYOND excited...


This face says it all...



He couldn't get to the water fast enough! TOTALLY FEARLESS!








I know...I know...it's getting pretty deep. YIKES!


Rob was enoying it too!

Face in the water, hands on the sand.

Mind you, this is the Pacific Ocean, so it's quite cold!

But M didn't seem to mind...


We figured that he had been in the water long enough by now. It was time to go...

We got back to the car and I changed his clothes and got him in his carseat. Just before we were ready to take off, it started to REALLY rain! I said a little prayer out loud, thanking the Lord for holding off the rain. It was such PERFECT timing...


After that, we drove to Cannon Beach and Rob's Dad treated us all to lunch at this seafood restaurant.

After that, we walked around and did some more shopping. By this time the sun was shining bright and it was getting pretty warm outside.

And since there aren't enough photos in this post, I thought I'd include some more shots from our time at the beach...haha...

M with Grandma LaLa

M with Grandpa

Chad & Veronica

The dogs (otherwise known as "dah dah" to Maximus)

What a fun day!
hi-d

15 comments:

momto8 said...

your pictures are just so fun! i can feel the fun!! good for al of you!!

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

So precious. I love how your pictures take on such a great ride. our sweet boy is really fearless! Right into the water and face down as well! What a cutie. That age is adorable when they are discovering everything for the first time.

renae said...

Awesomely Awesome!!!

I was laughing all the way through. I am always just laughing up a storm while I read your posts. ALWAYS. You are a great Mom and you are so pretty! (hug)

...and I had to laugh the loudest when M face-planted into the water. Is that rude?

Mary said...

Ah. so cute. I love the ocean, even cold pacific. I do a lot of wading. M is so cute with the joyful find of sand and surf. Cute.

Palomasea said...

Oh my goodness, Heidi..this is priceless!! You are all beautiful...and what an exciting moment for Maximus! His excitement was palpable...
Your coastline is so gorgeous, I am breathing in the ocean air now...(I have a good imagination...hee)
Adorable...look at those little feet!
So happy you had such a magical day...
Thanks so much for your lovely words at my place :)
Hugs,
- Irina

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I first must say the COAST of Oregon is MY fav orite coastline!!!And I know for a fact that water is Not cold...it is Freezing!!!!So way to go Mr. M....you are BRAVE!!!!!ANd head first....Really brave!!!!Walking in it...that is tough,but putting your head in...is WAY more then I would ever do!!!!Yeah for Sunshine...The three days we spent on Oregon's coast..it rained all 3 days!!!!So there was NO walks on that lovely beach...Astoria, Canon Beach, Newport....did visit a few lighthouses...and enjoyed our time!!!
Great pics
hugs,
mimi--jamie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING SWEET FRIENDS!

Oh Heidi,this is FUN! Dearest, all of you dears up in the PNW have been getting more rain that is desired! Well, so are we! But our rain has been coming at night or very early morning, then leaving us with fabulous blue skies. This is such a fun post to see Maximus go head over heels for the water! How are is lessons coming along??

The beach is the best place in the world to me. I love forests, meadows and lakes, but the beach is sheer fun. Maximus is a fish, or rather a DUCK! That one shot of him with face in the water, that was priceless and I laughed out load here, at 5:00am!!!

Sending you a smile for giving me such a huge grin this morning! Anita

renae said...

Heidi! no you are the sweet one! Yes naps are necessary with a little one. My montra: Sleep when the baby sleeps.

and ...wanted to also say I have been to that ocean in the PNW in mid July and it isn't very warm, like the California ocean. But those pics reminded me of going there.

Red Rose Alley said...

Heidi,
What a wonderful place to use your new camera - God's beautiful ocean. These pictures are so special, and I'm glad I got to see Maximus's first time at the beach. Dad looks like he's having fun too. You know, my kids love the ocean, and go to it as often as they can. Maybe Maximus will become a surfer, like my son. He seems to enjoy the water very much. Thank you for sharing these delightful pictures.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Anonymous said...

That looked like a super fun trip! What beach did you guys go to?

renae said...

ya, I thought I had mentioned that I lived in the PNW years back? no? Ya, in 1978-82, when married to my rocky husband. we lived in Monroe, Everett, Mulkilteo and Lynnwood - see rocky - moved on an average of once a year. Oh, we were married for 10 years -- lived in 10 places!! can we say 'hyper-guy'?
and ...I love M's hat on backwards!! so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(i get into using tons of exclamation marks from our bud Anita)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

teeeheee....Maximus is a FISH! I can see it now. At 16 he will be surfing the waves and will become a beach boy! Maybe even a Navy man!!! Oh Heidi, you are collecting such SWEET and FUN memories of this summer! And what a blessing to have a 17 month old who follows directions!!!!!! HE LOVES THE WATER so at all costs, he will get in and learn! BRAVO!

What is up for today my dear? We are having another steamer of a day and the best thing for us is to stay INSIDE.

BIG HUGS! Anita

carissa said...

what a fantastic time!! he was fearless... what fun, what joy!

Luna said...

I so agree about family photos. Maximus is a water baby! Look at him, he loves it. When our eldest was the same age, walking on beach sand freaked him out! I think it was the sinking sensation, but now we can't get him off.

Run26.2Mom said...

Great photos! Pure joy in his face!
Don;t you just love capturing his first moments of new experiences. Have a good day!
Susan