Monday, July 16, 2012

Phones, Flowers & Birds

I know...strange title for a post huh? Well, this is kind of a random post.


First off, I wanted to tell you a funny story. Friday night after I put Maximus in his crib, I realized I didn't have my cell phone, so I went back into his room to see if I left it there. It wasn't in the usual spots that I would leave it, so I tried calling my cell, using our home phone. Isn't that the easiest way to find a lost phone? haha...



Soon after I dialed my number, I heard my phone playing its tune. The sound was coming from Maximus' room. So I went in there and what was he doing? He was SITTING up in his crib, HOLDING my cell phone, with a VERY SURPRISED and EXCITED look on his face! hahaha...It must have dropped out of my pocket when I put him in bed. So, I grabbed the phone from him and later discovered that I had a voicemail from that call. I'm not sure if Maximus answered it. Most likely the vm was from me grabbing the phone and accidentally answering it, or the call eventually going to voicemail. Needless to say, it was quite comical!



I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I haven't had a chance to play with my new camera too much. It's still out of habit and convenience that I use my cell phone for photos, (when I don't forget it in M's room...haha). Today, however, I took some photos of our flowers on the back patio.


impatiens


Hydrangea - one of my FAVORITE flowers! My parents gave me this when they threw me a baby shower for Maximus.


 It started out blue, but is turning more lavender.


Petunias, Calibrachoa, Geranium, Hydrangea


Happy Colors...



Osteospermum


Then, to have some fun, I grabbed a ceramic bird from the house and took a few shots of it with the flowers.


I love the contrast of the green birdie next to the purple verbena.



Tweet Tweet...



More birds sitting on our mantel



Before Maximus was born, I made him a bird mobile. This kind of started us on a bird theme kick for our house.


Love this color...


 I even picked up these guys a couple months back.

That's all for now. I hope your Monday is off to a good start!

hi-d

13 comments:

Mimi said...

HI!!
If I lose my phone...OR MISPLACE it....I call it too!!I always FInd it!!!
YOUR flower pics are STUNNING!
GREAT JOB!!!
and I love them all...So jealous of your beautiful flowers!!!
I love the little birds you added...great idea!!!
Have fun this week
hugs 2 U,
jamie--MIMI

Mary said...

Oooooh, the joy of having a new camera. Lovely pics. love the flowers and those cute little birds.

Palomasea said...

These are gorgeous Heidi! So far so good:))
Your story made me giggle...his fascination with cell phones will only get stronger, trust me ;)
xoxo,
- Irina

family Fun said...

Was your son awoken by the sound? I guess he would enjoy the music

lisa Moran, Bilancia Designs said...

I can only imagine what the person thought on the other end if your son was trying to "talk"! :)
He is so adorable, Heidi! I'm still smiling over your story from Anita's Paris Party...
Your photos are really lovely. The flowers are stunning! I can never get enough flowers!!
Wishing you a beautiful week~
Lisa

Deborah said...

Ooooh it looks like you're playing already! Beautiful shots of your flowers and birds!
That was so funny about the cell phone. Maximus must have thought he was just so smart to get that phone ringing like that!
Lol
Have a great week!

Deborah xoxox

renae said...

Oh I get really aggravated with myself when I miss one of fav's posts! I am so sorry I am commenting so late... Don't think I am a dork,k?

Your photographs are magnificent! Great - Great - Great!!!

Hey are you aware of Nancy at A Rural Journal. You should post their on Thursday via her Blog Hop.
I think it is www.aruraljournal.com - but come to my post late Thursday night I see the link. She has great photography peeps there. I'm not a photographer but I am having fun meeting great bloggers there.

and. how do you get those little boxes at the end of your posts, that say "if you liked this post, you might like this one" or something like that? How do I do that? How would I do that? You know what I mean, right?

love,
Renae

renae said...

oops. That would be late Wednesday night. Not Thursday night! It would be over by then, doh!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh Heidi, that is FUNNY! He is such a sweet little guy... I can just see you hunting around for that phone. What a surprise.
WOW! Now that is a CAMERA... What beautiful photos.. and your flowers, ahhhhh, nothing like flowers to brighten up a day.

Thank you so much for your visit and kind words. Yes, too bad Bebe could not help because she could scurry around the inside with a tiny paint brush! That in itself would be a big help.. haaa
Enjoy your week.
fondly,
Penny

Marianne said...

I love the looks on babies' faces when they get their hands on something verboten!

Beautiful pics!

renae said...

Oh Heidi! I have to meet you and hug you some day! thank you! You brought me to tears of gratitude..so sweet of you.

thanks for the info on the link thing-a-ma-bob! I haven't attempted it yet but prob some time today.

(hug) and (hug) again!!! :D

Luna said...

I love those flower shots Heidi! I also love birds too, but our toddler son has mistaken them for toys so they are high up on the cabinets. I've liked birds before became they fashionable in home decor. As for remote controls, we've had to replace two thanks to Master 2yo!