Friday, July 6, 2012

Our Favorite Place to Walk

Last Friday, I took M in the stroller and walked over to the lake by our house. It's only a mile and a half away. Just the perfect distance, to get a little exercise. M & I both enjoy being outdoors.



The lake was previously an old rock quarry. It's stocked with trout and you see lots of people fishing throughout the day. This area has some nice waterfalls.



Overlooking the lake are shops & restaurants. Here Maximus is walking/running through an area that has those fountains that spout out from the ground when turned on. Further down is a beautiful grocery store that carries mostly organic foods, in addition to other shops and a cinemas.



Maximus is always exploring...


He's very interested in rocks...


Here, he stopped to dance to the music that could be heard through the outdoor speakers.



This photo is the sweetest. It's one of my favorites.



It's been kind of a funny week...with Wednesday being a holiday, it almost feels like we're having two weekends.



Hope yours is good.
hi-d

 

8 comments:

renae said...

My Heidi!!! I have had a busy crazy day (dr appts-grocery shopping- etc.) and now I can finally sit and get to my gals!!

I missed you too! - Yes and I love that darling pic of M! He has the look of love for you - his momma.

Have a great second weekend to the week, hahaha.

Mary said...

Hi Heidi, I opened to do some comments ,found you, looked to see I'm second comment...and I see number 1 is my sis, Renae. Hahahahaha. We both think you are great, so cute with M., fun to visit...and here we are together. Glad you had a nice day. Your photo journal is so o o o sweet. Mary

Palomasea said...

Oh Heidi...he is so sweet!
It's such a treat to have a lovely place like this nearby...we have something similar just down the street.
Great pics...
Hugs to you both! ;)
- Irina

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I love to see little ones explore the world around them, everyday is a new day to teach them something.....I always ask my grand son...where is the Sun...where is the Moon.....do you see airplanes.....rocks...BOYS are fascinated by rocks!!!!My GS tosses them into the pol...hubby hates this!!
hugs,
jamie
and Mr. M is adorable!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning you two!!!!!!

Maximus is interested in rocks...teeheee...when I did a science unit on ROCKS...the boys went wild. THey got so giddy and interested and they could NOT STOP doing the experiments! There is something do darn charming about how they respond to the simplest things....

OH HEIDI, thank you for coming to visit my post. BLUE does have a calming effect on me. Turquoise especially has a HEAVENLY feel to it for sure...peace. I love the water and the ocean especially, with its wild and weird creatures, the beluga whale being one of them!!!!!! Aren't they cute?

What are you up today dearest? We are finally painting my studio, after days of a lot of hard work prepping it. I WILL NEVER EVER WALL PAPER A WALL.

Have another wonderful day! Anita

Red Rose Alley said...

Heidi,
What a beautiful place to visit with your son. It looks so peaceful, and I love waterfalls. Boys just love rocks, don't they? There's just something special about them, and they are always exploring. My boy is the love of my life, so I know how much you adore Maximus. The last picture is so sweet of him.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Shirley said...

So cute! Love that picture, too.

Luna said...

I like the last photo too.