Thursday, July 5, 2012

Haircut


I hope you had a safe and fun 4th of July! What did you do?

Maximus got his very first haircut. EVER! Well, it wasn't anything major...just his bangs. But, it did take a lot of deliberation, since I really didn't want to cut anything off until his first REAL haircut. And I was certainly NOT ready for that! 

The decision was easier to make, once it was pointed out to me (by Rob) that I'm always fussing over M's hair...sweeping his bangs out of his eyes. So, that and the fact that M was looking through or under his bangs, most of the time, settled it for me.

Poor guy...how could he see?


Lately, he's been attached to his comb and brush. Perhaps this was a hint that he was pleading for a haircut? haha

While we were giving M a bath this morning, I cut his bangs. They ended up shorter than I anticipated. I should know better by now, that hair is longer when wet.

But, most importantly, now he can see without any obstruction.

This is why I couldn't cut anything else - those waves and curls!!!

 
A few strangers have referred to him as a girl. Not sure why they would say that as I usually dress him pretty gender specific. But...perhaps it's the hair...Oh well...

It was such a beautiful day, weather wise. Not too hot here like some parts of the country. We went to lunch and sat outside and then came home and rested.

In the evening, I heard tons of fireworks all around us and I watched a few nearby light up the sky, out the window. We figured that M is still a little young for the whole 4th of July scene, so we'll probably wait until next year to introduce him to it.

And yes, we saved the first clippings, but it hardly amounted to much.

Happy day!
hi-d

8 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Well hello there, smily boy!

Heidi! YOU CUT HIS BANGS! They are tricky to cut, yet. For year I wore bangs and instead of going to the hairdresser, I would attempt to do them myself, and underestimated the length. I ended up looking like Prince Valiant.

It sounds like you had pretty much the same fourth as us, expect we dared NOT to stick even our noses outside! IT WAS AWFUL OUT THERE! NO one in our neighborhood was out. It was 100+ with humidity and I came down with either bronchitis or allergies, but I have been coughing so badly that I pulled a muscle in my chest!

THANK YOU MY DEAR for coming to visit me. We had a fab day just staying in the house, napping, creating, being together.

MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL! Anita

Anonymous said...

Our kids are gone this week to summer camp, so it was just Dave and I. We went to McMenamin's in Forest Grove for an early supper of burgers and beer, then watched a movie there. Then we went to Bald Peak State Park to watch the sun set. Came home and watched the fireworks on tv. Nothing big, but it was good to get out of the house.

Mary said...

So the bangs look very cute. I just keep chuckling about the picture of him with the background cyclone evidence. LOL I remember the days when a normal livingroom/family room turned into a play ground in 10 easy seconds. Enjoy...it goes fast.

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

He is such a sweetheart Heidi!
I am so glad you saved his hair...
I can still remember my son's first haircut.
Wishing you a wonderful week.
Penny

renae said...

You were brave to cut his hair. Both of my daughters had mega hair and I had to have help to cut theirs. SEE my blog/site for details of the 4th, tomorrow. But basically bbq and fireworks. Yay!

Moosis Mom said...

Just adorable.....each and every picture!

Unknown said...

Oh, the first haircut is the hardest!! Even if it is the bangs. You did a super job on them and he is as cute as ever!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the wonderful comments!

XOXO
Dessa Rae

Luna said...

Aw, the first cut! This reminds me of my boys' first cuts too.